Thursday, 25 September 2014

Playing the Tuba in the Bathtub

I have been otherwise occupied over the past few weeks. It seems the universe conspires to keep me busy and away from writing. There have been regrettable but unfortunate family tragedies and several trips across the not-that-small island that is the basis of George Arrrr! Arrrr! Martin’s Westeros (I even got to take a photo of the only place I could think of that would be the perfect Casterly Rock!). Heck, I even had a chance to be present and bear witness to Spider Man receiving a medical award for his research on mutations!

At work, a new line manager has meant now there is loads of work to do, and this past week I have been transported to the magical world of Agresso financial software, as I have been engaging in non-stop invoice registration and posting! The excitement is akin to taking flight on a griffin for the first time.


Yup.



You don’t catch the sarcasm?

Then I am either a rubbish writer or you love financial transactions.

Which is worse?

;-P  

Thing is, though, that maybe I should just shut my yap and get on with it.

It is all well and good to talk a good novel, but what matters is that the blasted thing is written, and at some 60 odd pages, it hardly classifies as anything more than a disjointed novella.

In that respect, I have been trying very hard to at least release The Space Between the Stars here on the blog sooner rather than later. It has been a short story in the making this summer which essentially gives the very beginning of the Fantasy World of Niwent. I have passed it on to my editor (yup, K), for a final draft read, but she has been a little busy at the moment, which means as soon as she gives me the feedback I can go ahead and post it here!

Speaking of feedback (uh-oh!), if you have already read The Cicada and the Deep, Deep Dark feel free to let me know what your thoughts on it are.


It has received three reviews on Amazon (one is on the US site, two on the UK site), but the more the merrier, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment