Wednesday, 10 September 2014

I Need to Clean my Keyboard

I tend to eat at my desk a lot. It’s convenient; it’s where my computer is.

Not that I dislike the outdoors in any way. Take today for example. While slightly hazy, it is quite a pleasant, dry, warm day to sit outside and take some much needed vitamin D, and just sit and vegetate.
But no, not I. I prefer to sit in front of the PC trawling through ridiculous amounts of completely useless information on Wikipedia, while listening to the likes of Iggy Azalea’s ‘Fancy’ and Enrique Iglesias’s (ssss) 'Bailando'. Who would have thought that voice would come out of a skinny, white Australian lass? (No, not Enrique’s. Iggy).

The world is truly full of surprises.

As to why someone who used to work cleaning rooms for a living would want to ‘trash the hotel’ is beyond me. But to each his own, I guess.

 Right, back to the issue of the desk meals. (MS Word, you are getting on my nerves with all these ‘Reflexive. Consider Changing’ notifications. Stick to simple spelling mistakes, please!) Eating at the desk means inevitably I will find bread crumbs on my keyboard, which is quite a vexing thing. Yes, they are MY crumbs, but nonetheless it is annoying because my keyboard soon resembles my toaster.

But in the moments of quiet, contemplating solitude in front of the screen that I am not finding out about the City of Batman, Turkey (Yes, there is a City called BATMAN! How incredibly awesome is that? I do hope you are not lying, Wikipedia.), I am trying to write something. Be it a blog, a rant, or a short story, or trying to work up the energy to get into the groove to get the novel back on course.

Small steps and small victories, I tell myself.

To that end, I am close to finishing (I hope), a short story, which I hope to publish here on the Niwent blog soon. I have possibly mentioned it on previous blog posts. It is the Genesis story of the Niwent, which is something which I was quite keen to put down in writing early on. So I hope when it does come out it will be read by more than myself and Kirsty.

Guess that’s all for the moment…

I shall either clean this keyboard, or get back to writing something.


I love slow days at the office. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment